Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Dreams layout {take 2}


I completed this layout a couple of weeks back from a sketch posted at Paper Craft Planet. Something just didn't sit well with me. The layout looked unfinished, like it needed something just a bit more. I was thinking of quilting the BG paper with my sewing machine, but then I saw this faux tufting technique in the new SU! Idea Book.


Here's what you do. Measure around the edge of your paper (I did marks at every 4"). Use a bone folder and ruler (or a scoring tool or blade) and score the lines in a diagonal pattern going both ways to create diamonds on your page. Then punch 1/4" circles from the same colored paper and glue them at each intersection. This look is subtle and creates just enough texture to add some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!