Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Catch Up & Mustard {Days 5 thru 8}

Ok, there's not really any mustard, but there is a whole lot of catch up going on (well, heck when December 15th creeps up behind you, taps you on the shoulder and says, "December Daily, where are you?" you kind of have to get crack-a-lackin'). I will spare you any more of my crazy talk (I think I had WAY too much Nutcracker Sweet tea today) and get right to the pages:
Day 5:
A simple photo collage of the boys making jam and the recipe adhered to the backside of day 4's page protector. I am limited to printing in 4x6 or smaller until new ink arrives--makes for a bit of a challenge!

Day 6:
A grid layout documenting the annual family Christmas party. Photos are 2" square.

Day 7:
The story of our Elf on the Shelf. I reduced the opacity of the close-up of the elf's head to type my journaling directly on the photo. Had to play up the text on the clock in the photo by dating Wilfred's establishment in the family.

Day 8:

This photo is adhered directly to a transparency. The red mat is created on the flip side of the page, where a photo for day 9 is adhered. I journaled directly onto the transparency with a Sharpie.

More to come. . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! Wow, your pages are so sophisticated so many details and different techniques: Yum!
    love the collage, the transparency and printing the text directly onto the picture! That's a lot of work girlfriend ;-) and I can't wait to see more. I'm curious, do you plan on finishing it right after Christmas? have you given yourself a dateline? Have you shown it to members of your family yet?
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!