Monday, May 24, 2010

Method Playground: Vintage

The challenge over at Method Playground is to go for the old.  Use vintage embellies, tea-stain your papers, or try your hand at waxwork.  Here's my design:
This is not my typical style, but I had so much fun putting this page together: going really girlie and just layering it on.  I started with a color-copy of a photo of my grandmother that we unearthed after she passed away a few years ago.  A good friend scored some vintage doilies, buttons and handwritten letters at Brimfield Flea Market, and I still had some trim left from my trip their last summer.  I spritzed the background with 7 Gypsies Paper Dye in a mix of pastel pink and walnut scarlet.  The book-page flower is from a tutorial over at Scrapbook Heaven.  As I was laying out the page, I glanced down to see my grandmother's name right there in the lower corner of the letter.  So perfect!  Finished the LO with a zig zag stitch to frame it.
The details: vintage doily, vintage letter, beaded hat pin, Prima flowers with rhinestone centers, handmade flower with pearl center, silk flower with vintage button center, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, pearl string glued in shape of heart.

Be sure to head on over to the Playground to be wowed by the other DT creations.  And join in on the vintage fun for your next project.  Link it up by next Monday, May 31.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this page, and I love that the letter written 70 years ago has found new life...a truly beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!