Tuesday, November 19, 2013

on my hook Monday

Happy Monday!  
This weekend I did something I don't usually do: I took some time to sit down and crochet.  Crochet for me has become something I do while I'm waiting.  It's my travel craft: car rides, doctor's visits, hockey practices, guitar lessons.  It's the perfect little grab-and-go craft.  But lately I've realized I wasn't finishing projects, and the projects I'm working on have been in the works longer than they should be.  It was time to do something about it (plus I had some gifts on a deadline to whip up).  So I sat myself down, let the dishes stay in the sink, the laundry in the baskets, and the vacuum in the closet and I made time to just crochet.    It worked, 'cause I have two projects to show for it.

A cute little Baby News Cap:
pattern from Donetta Johnson
 A pretty-in-pink Coffee Mug Cozy:
pattern by me can be found in this post
And what's a mug and cozy without a gift card to the new local coffee shop?!

Here's to making time for more crochet!  {The dishes were still there waiting for me anyway.}

1 comment:

  1. It's sooo cute ! I love the mug, just perfect ! thanks for sharing, and I am right, we can let the homeworks sometimes and enjoy crafts !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!