Wednesday, March 4, 2015

crochet : sophie's universe

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon a CAL (crochet-a-long) on Instagram.  It was so gorgeous (check it out here and you'll see what I mean), I knew I wanted to join in.  But I also had this Rainbow Ripple blanket in progress, and the 12" granny blanket for 2015, how could I possibly start another blanket project? 

So I made a little deal with myself: finish the ripple and start the new blanket.  


I finished it with just one added round of rose red, and justified the small size by deciding it would be the perfect lap blanket to keep warm at the ice rink.

And I began the gorgeous Sophie's Universe after a trip to the store for some new yarn, of course! {wink}

It was love at first sight.  Dedri does an amazing job of writing the pattern, including detailed instructions and photographs to help you along.

The design is amazingly detailed, and the pattern contains a genius combination of stitches.  Clusters and popcorns, and surface front-post stitches create gorgeous texture and dimension.



I look forward to picking up my crochet hook every chance I get to work on it.  
It's never too late to join in.  The crochet-a-long runs for 20 weeks, so even if you start now, you'll still have a gorgeous blanket finished before the end of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!