Wednesday, August 19, 2015

crochet : baby booties

Hi there!

So I am enjoying 2 whole days of kid-free creativity (and cleaning and catching up and organizing).  Part of my catch-up is to write a few blog posts of projects and ideas that have been fluttering around here--things I have not had time to post with three boys home with me for the summer.

Here's the first in this series I'm affectionately dubbing "kid-free catch-up!"

Baby Girl Bow Booties:

I used the same pattern as the booties in this post, but added a strap.

Here is the pattern that I adapted from this pattern at Croby Patterns.

Use an E hook (3.5mm) and DK weight yarn.

Foundation for sole: ch 11, in 2nd chain from hook make 2hdc, hdc in next 8, 6hdc in last stitch.  Working up the other side of the chain, hdc in next 8, 2hdc in last chain (26)

Round 1: 2sc in next 2, sc in next 5, hdc in next 3, 2dc in next 6, hdc in next 3, sc in next 5, 2sc in last 2. (36) sole complete

Round 2: in back loops only, sc in each stitch around (36)

Round3: hdc in each stitch around (36)

Round 4: sc in next, sc2tog, sc in next 8, hdc in next, dc2tog 6 times, hdc in next, sc in next 8, sc2tog, sc in last (28)

Round 5: sc in next, sc2tog, sc in next 4, hdc in next 3, dc2tog 4 times, hdc in next 3, sc in next 4, sc2tog, sc in last (22)

Strap: slst in next 7, ch 11, in 4th ch from hook, hdc in each ch across, slst to next stitch on body of shoe. Use chain space at end of strap as button hole.  

Bow: Leaving a long tail for stitching, in magic ring work ch4, 3trc, ch4, sc, ch4, 3trc, ch4, slst.  Use tail to wrap around center as desired and stitch to top front of bootie.

Stitch a button to body at open end of strap. 

For right bootie, ch1 and turn to do slip stitches of bootie up the opposite side of shoe body.

I hope you enjoy this pattern and hook up some cutie little booties for the babies in your lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!